Why Get Involved?
You can help shape the future of Kean University by getting involved with your Alumni Association. Join the hundreds of alumni already volunteering for an Alumni Board committee, attending an event, submitting an award nomination, or making a donation to the Kean University Foundation. Your involvement makes you a partner in creating a stronger learning environment for students, and increases the value of your own degree.
Ways to Get Involved
- Join the Alumni Admission Network
- Assist in recruitment of new students to Kean in partnership with the Office of Admission including:
- Staff Open Houses, talk to local high schools, make phone calls to prospective students, represent Kean at college fairs, and assist with other Admission events such as Admitted Students Receptions.
- No formal meetings – volunteer opportunities each month.
- Volunteer to a part of the Alumni Career Network
- Open your career to current students or alumni by providing internships or job shadowing.
- Share your professional experience through mentoring and offering encouragement from the workplace.
- Post jobs for Kean Alumni and Kean students.
- Join an Alumni Association Committee:
- Alumni Leadership Initiative
- Identify Identify and develop professional development options, career enrichment events, and resources for alumni including:
- Arrange Kean Connect seminars and webinars for Alumni.
- Coordinate the mentor program.
- Develop an Alumni Speakers Bureau.
- Quarterly meetings with sub-committee meetings in-between.
- Student Engagement
- Interact with students.
- Organize student/alumni events, and engages in dialogue with students, young alumni and the Kean community about student life and life after graduation.
- Enhance the awareness among students and young alumni of their lifelong connection to Kean and the role of the Alumni Association.
- Represent the Alumni Association at student events like Orientation, Kean Day, Student Leaders Dinner, 100 Days Until Graduation, etc.
- Alumni Events
- Recruit and oversee Event Chairpersons for the annual Alumni Association events including Greek Reunion, Homecoming, 50th Reunion, NJEA Convention, Cougars That Care, 50 Plus Reunion, and Recent Alumni Reunion among other events which may arise.
- Develop ‘volunteer-led’ special events as desired.
- Increase awareness of Kean Alumni events
- Volunteer at existing events including help with greeting, registration, photography, or other tasks.
- Volunteer to help with your Reunion
- We are currently seeking members of the Class of 1967 for their 50th reunion to be held October 2017.
- Graduates from 2007-2017 are needed to assist with the June 17, 2017 Recent Alumni Reunion.
- Nominate someone for the Distinguished Alumni Award
- Attend an event
- Host an event in your city
- Open your home to local alumni, or sponsor an event at a local restaurant.
- Make a gift to Kean University. Thank you!
How to GET INVOLVED?
Email email@example.com today to express your interest and we will connect with you!